Terms & Conditions
- Unless agreed otherwise in writing, 50% of the invoice must be paid after terms of contract are agreed. On completion of filming a further 25% of the invoice must be paid immediately. With the outstanding balance of 25% paid on completion. In relation to specific contracts, these figures or terms may be varied as set out in the respective contract.
- For invoices over £1000 sterling RTD Productionz LTD will issue an invoice for payment as each sum becomes due, to be paid within 30 days of the date of that invoice or by date agreed with the client.
- For invoices under £1000 sterling RTD Productionz LTD require full payment in advance. In the event of cancellation 7 days notice must be given and a full refund will be issued. If cancellation occurs within 7 days RTD Productionz LTD will retain 25% to cover third party expenses such as crew and kit hire charges.
- RTD Productionz LTD will liaise with the client on any charges relating the production, that fall outside of the original invoice/quote. Once any additional charges have been agreed with the client, a variation order will be raised.
- If payment is not received within 30 days of the invoice date, RTD Productionz LTD will automatically charge interest at a rate of 10% per annum, which will be added to the customer’s account.
- Payment may be made by bank transfer, cash or Paypal.
- All payments over £300 must be made via bank transfer or paypal
- The customer’s requirements must be clearly provided to RTD Productionz LTD in writing before commencement of work.
Pre-production rates are charged at an hourly rate of £35. RTD Productionz LTD will liaise with the client to establish a pre-production forecast and create a bank of hours. Should the pre-production bank of hours get with 10% of completion RTD Productionz LTD will inform the client in order to agree any additional hours.
Filming Hours are agreed to be no more than 8 hours. Any further time will incur a charge of £50 per hour per crew-member.
We will estimate a time to complete the initial off-line edit (Rough Cut). This is charged at a daily rate of £350.
This initial edit is sent to the client for approval or changes.
Changes or additions are then charged at an hourly rate of £55 per hour.
Colour Grading is charged at £55 per hour.
Finished product can be encoded and delivered on any format required.
If required duplication of DVD’s is required the fully Authored Master DVD is charged at £130.
Duplication costs will be provided and agreed with the client in advance of any work being undertaken.
- Major alterations to a project, not agreed prior to the commencement of work, must be made subject to a further written agreement.
- A video programme will only be publicly released by RTD Productionz LTD once the customer approves all content as complete and satisfactory and confirms this in writing and the outstanding balance is paid.
- A customer may terminate the contract at any time by written notice of termination.
- When a customer terminates the contract, they will remain liable to pay in full for all work previously undertaken and in progress by RTD Productionz LTD unless any other written agreement is reached in advance.
- Any monies (excluding the deposit) held on account and unused will be returned subject to a 5% administration charge.
- RTD Productionz LTD reserves the right to refuse to use, publish or broadcast any information it considers obscene or morally unsuitable or which would breach copyrights, or which is libellous, defamatory or illegal.
- Should such a submission occur, the customer will be advised which information was deemed unsuitable, and requested to amend the information. If the customer can show good reason to use the “unsuitable” information, its inclusion may be considered.
- RTD Productionz LTD cannot be held liable for loss or damage caused as a result of third party action or failure.
- The client shall provide appropriate security arrangements for any filming outside of the United Kingdom for which RTD Productionz LTD provides crew or equipment and such arrangements shall be notified to RTD Productionz LTD in writing in advance of travel to that jurisdiction.
- RTD Productionz LTD cannot be held liable to any party for any errors on any medium after the customer has agreed in writing that the content is correct and accurate and should be posted, published or broadcast.
- Customer contracts may be modified by agreement in writing at any time to add or delete services to better fit the customer’s needs.
- If a project requires additional content this is, in effect, a contract change. An amendment will be made to the original contract and, once approved, becomes contractually binding.
- E-mail correspondence shall be sufficient to prove changes to agreements for the form and content of programmes.
- RTD Productionz LTD will not commence work on any project until a signed purchase order or equivalent signed document has been provided by the client.
- In consideration of, and subject to, the final payment of full fees due to RTD Productionz LTD by the customer, RTD Productionz LTD hereby assigns to the customer with full title guarantee all the distribution rights of the final production only. All rushes, project files, music files, photographic files remain the property of RTD Productionz LTD under authorship copyright – referred to as the ‘first owner of copyright’ under the 1988 Copyright, Designs and Patents Act. A release fee of an agreed percentage of the final production budget must be agreed either in advance or prior at the author’s (IVP) discretion for release of all production rushes, project files, music files, photographic files etc.
- Any confidential or proprietary information which is acquired by RTD Productionz LTD from a client company, person or entity will not be used or disclosed to any person or entity, except when required to do so by law. If required, RTD Productionz LTD will sign and adhere to the conditions of any Confidentiality Agreement used by the client.
- Any contract requiring RTD Productionz LTD to work to specific deadlines provided within the written agreement will be deemed to include a proviso that the clients will make themselves reasonably available to communicate with RTD Productionz LTD, its servants or agents, as necessary.
- RTD Productionz LTD office hours are 9.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. Monday to Friday unless notified otherwise.
- Any claims must be made in writing to RTD Productionz LTD within 7 days of receipt of goods. If no claim is made within this period the client is deemed to have accepted the goods at the agreed price.
- Should the customer have cause to make any complaint about service or programmes the complaint, if put in writing, will be acknowledged by RTD Productionz LTD within 14 days and a detailed reply will be issued to the customer within a further 28 days thereafter. In cases of complaint, all relevant work together with invoice and original materials should be returned to RTD Productionz LTD.
- RTD Productionz LTD shall be under no liability if unable to carry out any provision of the contract for any reason beyond its control including (without limiting the foregoing) Act of God, legislation, war, fire, flood, drought, failure of power supply, lock-out, strike or other action taken by suppliers or owing to any inability to procure materials required for the performance of the contract. During the continuance of such a contingency the client may, by written notice to RTD Productionz LTD, elect to terminate the contract and pay for work done and materials used but subject thereto shall otherwise accept delivery when available.
- Initial consultation meeting costs will be inclusive in the agreed quote. Any further meetings that involve travel beyond 40 miles round trip will be charged at 50p a mile and at an hourly rate of £45.